Friday, 9 August 2013

Colour: White - The Misconception



Why are we so scared of the colour white?

There’s often this misconception that the colour white should be left to the professionals, but with the colour back in Fashion, we should all be playing around with it a bit more. For those who can master the art of pulling it off, and it truly is an art, I dare you to try wearing all white, there is a certain amount of confidence needed to do this but I promise you, it’s a great way of really testing your self-confidence, especially with clothes. It’s also quite interesting to see how colour blocking fashionistas deal with putting pieces together without letting the fusion of different colours guide the way.

Kanye West spotted this trend selling Egyptian cotton white tees for $120.00. Though I know this is another one of Kanye's annual egotistical forms of expressionism, I do love a simple white Tee, and no, I’m not suggesting that one should buy a $120 white tee(for as long as there is a Primark near me, I shall do no such thing), however do stock up on them - as a fresh white tee is one of the most basic of essential items of clothing that everyone should have in their closet.

 Lets not stop at tees. Check out the Dolce & Gabbana SS14 men’s wear showing us how to wear all white with perfection.

Words By Ijay Uzoku


No comments:

Post a Comment